With the first exhibition game against the Montreal Alouettes just hours away, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers want to remind fans that there is plenty of on-campus parking for $10 – $20 per vehicle at the University of Manitoba for anyone wishing to drive to and from home games.
There have been only a few changes to the transportation plan from 2015, most notably the reduction in park and ride routes from nine to seven. The Garden City Shopping Centre and Kildonan Place locations will not be operating in 2016. Riders in the Garden City area are encouraged to use the McPhillips Station park and ride, while Kildonan Place riders can utilize transit route 75 at Kildonan Place, or alternatively can use the Club Regent park and ride.
“We are always looking at ways to reduce the time it takes for our fans to transport to and from games, as well as provide fans a number of transportation alternatives. We feel that reducing the number of park and rides should help speed up the existing process, and also reduce costs of the transportation plan, which the Winnipeg Football Club is responsible for,” said President & CEO, Wade Miller.
Fans can find all updated transportation information at bluebombers.com/park-and-ride/.
Fans should also note that seasonal lane closures throughout the city may be introduced during the season, potentially increasing travel time to Investors Group Field. Always check for current lane closure information prior to travelling to the stadium. Current information can be found at http://winnipeg.ca/publicworks/trafficcontrol/laneclosures/.
PARK & RIDE presented by Manitoba Public Insurance
- Non-stop service to and from Investors Group Field
- Service starts 2 hours prior to kickoff
- Last buses leave for the stadium 15 minutes prior to kickoff
- Post-game: All park & ride buses load for departure on Chancellor Matheson Road. The last buses leave the stadium approximately 35 to 45 minutes after the game, final departures are announced in-stadium
- Cost per game: $5.00 per round trip which is collected upon arrival at Investors Group Field
- Children under the age of 12 ride for free
- Park & ride passes for the full regular season are available at the Bomber Ticket Centre in the Bomber Store for $40.00 per person
Park & Ride Super Express Routes include:
- Route 1 –McPhillips Station – 484 McPhillips St. with parking for up to 500 cars
- Route 2 – Club Regent – 1425 Regent Ave West with parking for up to 500 cars (note – space may be limited during construction)
- Route 3 –Centre Scolaire Leo-Remillard – 1095 St. Anne’s Rd with parking for up to 160 cars
- Route 4 – Manitoba Hydro – 820 Taylor Ave. with parking for up to 500 cars
- Route 5 – Assiniboia Downs with parking for up to 300 cars
- Route 6 – St. Norbert Hotel – 3540 Pembina Hwy with parking for up to 200 cars
- Route 7 – Southdale Red River Co-op Food Store – 77 Vermillion Road with parking for up to 200 cars
- 5,000 paid parking spots on campus
- Season parking passes and flex pack game day parking passes can be purchased online at Ticketmaster or by calling 204-784-7448
- Cash parking in regular lots is available for $20 on a first come first served basis for all home games and other special events. Parking passes can be pre-purchased or purchased with cash on game day, based on availability
- VALUE LOTavailable on the east end of campus at $10 per game. Those wishing to park in the value lot must enter campus via University Crescent where a parking attendant will direct them. Parking passes can be pre-purchased or purchased with cash on game day. Shuttle buses will be available to transport fans to and from the value lot to the stadium.
- Taxis can be found on University Crescent outside of Gate 3.
- Fully secure and monitored bike storage for 800 bicycles on game and event days
- Located at Gate 3
- About 300 additional unmonitored spots are available throughout campus
Fans can find all updated transportation information at http://www.bluebombers.com/on-campus-parking/
- Regular Transit fares will apply on the ride to the game, with the Winnipeg Football Club paying for the return fare
- The running back shuttle will continue to run during PRE-GAME ONLY. There is no charge to the fans for this service, as this cost is covered by the Winnipeg Football Club. More information on this service can be found at http://www.bluebombers.com/running-back-schedule/
- Details on Winnipeg Transit routes to Investors Group Field and schedule information can be found at winnipegtransit.com, or by calling 311.