Did you know that ornaments are not just for decorating your tree? Robin at Frootables at 577 Academy Rd told us that they can also be displayed at your next gathering or dinner table as well. She posted on how this year, you can really deck the halls with white chocolate dipped apple and pear ornaments that not only look pretty, but taste great too!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE AND PEAR ORNAMENTS
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 ornaments
Three apples and three pears
4 oz. of white chocolate melting wafers
1 box of candy canes
Red and green sprinkles
Fork and knife
Double boiler or electric chocolate melting pot
If you do not have a double boiler or electric melting pot, no worries! All you will need is a small pot for the bottom, and a heat resistant bowl to fit over the top of the pot
- First things first, make sure to wash your apples and pears and pat dry.
- Prep the candy canes by breaking off 1/4th of the end (these will be your “ornament hooks”).
- Using a knife, cut a hole around the stem of the apples and pears that is deep enough for the candy cane to fit.
- Taking a fork, press firmly into the top of the fruit and fully dip the fruit into the melted white chocolate. After assuring that the fruit is completely covered, place it onto a plate.
- Dip the bottom of your candy cane into the melted white chocolate, and place it into the hole of the fruit.
Note: if you still see space between the hole and the candy cane, spoon more melted white chocolate around it so that the whole is completely covered, and your hook will stay in place.
- Last step! Before the chocolate hardens, decorate your dipped fruit with sprinkles.
Now you can spread Christmas cheer with these unique Christmas fruit ornaments that will surprise and delight your friends and family!