Winnipeg, MB – This Saturday, November 18, 2017, starting at 1:30 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m. numerous road closures will be in place in the downtown to accommodate the Santa Claus Parade:
- Portage Avenue will be closed from Sherbrook Street to Main Street
- Portage Avenue East will be closed from Main Street to Westbrook Street
- Hargrave Street, Colony Street, Vaughn Street, Kennedy Street, Edmonton Street, Garry Street, Fort Street, Carlton Street, Donald Street, and Smith Street will be closed at Portage Avenue
- Main Street southbound will be closed between McDermot Avenue and Graham Avenue
- Main Street northbound will be closed between St. Mary Avenue and Portage Avenue
- Pioneer Avenue westbound will be closed between Main Street and Westbrook Street
- Westbrook Street southbound will be closed between Portage Avenue East and William Stephenson Way
- William Stevenson Way eastbound will be closed between Main Street and Waterfront Drive
This year’s parade day coincides with a 2 p.m. Winnipeg Jets hockey game at Bell MTS Place. Anyone attending the game is advised to expect delays, plan ahead and allow additional travel time to get to and from their destinations.
With the parade and increased pedestrian activity as well as extensive road closures in place, it is suggested that anyone attending the hockey game plan in advance where they are going to park keeping the extensive road closures in mind. For example, if you live on the north side of the city it would be to your benefit to park your vehicle on the north side of Portage Avenue. Likewise, if you live on the south side of the city it would advantageous to park on the south side of Portage Avenue.
It is recommended that attendees download and use the Waze app for real-time traffic and incident updates and detour routes around the parade.
It is also important to note that Winnipeg Transit will be re-routing buses operating in the vicinity of the Santa Claus Parade. The re-routes will be in effect from approximately 1:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. For route and schedule information, visit Winnipeg Transit or contact 311, open 24 hours every day, by phone at 311 or by email at email@example.com.
Visit Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade for more information.